Lima, July 25, 2020 – The Asociación Misioneros de San Carlos Scalabrinianos, launched a new challenge, this time virtually given the current situation. The new challenge consists of the continuation of the “Strengthening soft skills” workshops, which was very successful in its face-to-face edition.
Thus, from the mission in the welcoming shelter in San Miguel – where more than 25 people are sheltered – and from various points of the city, our migrant, refugee brothers, and Peruvians were connected through the ZOOM video platform. They interacted and worked two (2) elements of the formula through recreational activities with the participation of everyone.
(1) “KNOW HOW TO ASK”
- Do not live on assumptions
- Take care of the moment and the space to make known what bothers me and what I need.
- Be specific, avoid generalizations
- Why do you ask or what do you want from this?
(2) “KNOW HOW BE GRATEFUL” – Be thankful
- Tags reduce
- The power to recognize what that person gives me in life is lost
- Recognize the value of the other and oneself
“It is an act of love to be grateful”
And from the above, one more element arises in this formula
(3) Carry out a self-assessment (how am I? How do I feel? How do I communicate?)